MC Modding
Please register and join the community!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MC Modding
Please register and join the community!
MC Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Answered]How To Create a Block Animation

3 posters

Go down

[Answered]How To Create a Block Animation Empty [Answered]How To Create a Block Animation

Post by tanman80 Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:53 am

I'm almost done with my first mod, but I want to add some animations to some blocks when their clicked. I don't want to know how to do texture animations (i already know how to do those Very Happy ), but animations like a chest would do when you open and close it.
I've looked everywhere for a tutorial on this, but no one seems to know how to do it so if you could help me you would be my newest friend.

Last edited by tanman80 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total

tanman80

Back to top Go down

[Answered]How To Create a Block Animation Empty Re: [Answered]How To Create a Block Animation

Post by lcass Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:47 pm

have a look in chest stuff maybe the chest has an entity?

lcass

https://www.youtube.com/user/thealcasgroup

Back to top Go down

[Answered]How To Create a Block Animation Empty Re: [Answered]How To Create a Block Animation

Post by tanman80 Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:43 am

I know that it uses a TileEnitity class, but I can't pick out what parts are for the special renderer, what parts are for the inventory slots, and what parts are for the animation, if I could find what parts are for the animation I don't know if I'd be able to find out how it works without a little help.

tanman80

Back to top Go down

Post by jesshankin22 Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:06 pm

hmmm maybe if you looked in more moving animations like water, doors, and pistons it would help you.

jesshankin22

Back to top Go down

Post by tanman80 Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:12 am

Ha!! I found it out, It works kind of like an entity, You have to use Techne to model the object and then use a tileEntity Class to animate it.

tanman80

Back to top Go down

Post by jesshankin22 Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:50 am

haha.. I felt like i helped for a second... good job anyway!

jesshankin22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down